Donata Marletta on Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:34:56 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Yann Marussich’s “Bleu Remix” - Ars Electronica (Sept 08)

Dear nettimers
Some of you maybe remember that I'm doing a PhD research on online
communities, which gather offline during Digital Art Festivals. I was at Ars
Electronica last September and attended "Bleu Remix" by Yann Marussich. The
room was crowded and we were sitting on a circle, watching for one hour the
physical changing of Yann's body, we all shared this dramatic moment and it
was awesome.

For those of you who were there, or somewhere else around the globe where
"Bleu Remix" has been performed, I thought about asking you how did you know
about the performance, and how did you like it? How willing you are to
travel and assist to this kind of piece? How often do you attend festivals
devoted to art and technology?

I'm very much interested in understanding what these participatory moments
represent, and if art (in this case hybrid and experimental art) is able to
bring people together, to let people travel from the virtual to the actual
in order to share experiences and emotions.

Please reply massively…and keep research alive!
Thanx
Donata

http://www.yannmarussich.ch/