Theo Honohan on Tue, 17 Feb 2009 05:50:34 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precarity (one catholic systematically usurping it)

2009/2/16 jeremy hunsinger <jhuns@vt.edu>:

> I just submitted this for semi-protection which will block all
> anonymous edits, which should prevent the defacement/disagreement from
> continuing.

Well, I don't see that technical measure stopping the disagreement,
but it will help.

I just removed someone's edit of "((LABOUR))" from the top line which
was corrupting the page (because they used "(" not "{").

What I find ironic about Alex's request is that he's just concerned
about the categorization of the article, not the rest of the content
(about which there is, presumably, consensus?).  The idea of the term
"belonging" to the labour movement and indeed the valorization of the
idea of classification is not progressive.

If, as the page itself says, "In its English usage, Precarity was
first used by Léonce Crenier, a Catholic monk who had previously been
active as an anarcho-communist." then the situation is more subtle and
less antagonistic than Alex suggests.  The most inclusive option would
be to place the page in both categories or in neither.

Theo