Alexandre Leray on Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:35:45 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Has Facebook superseded Nettime?

Dear all,

Beyond the issues of privacy and data diversion for marketing
use, what bother me with Facebook is its acceptance of the term
"friendship". What does it mean to be a friend? And what kind of
relations are people making there? Nettime has for sure its issues but
to me it privileges deep-rooted relations. That said, Nettime might
probably take advantage to be more visible, but not at the cost of a
social short-circuit.

I don't know anything about Ning and daisycha.in, they look pretty
pretty close to FB minus the privacy issues.

Best,

Alexandre Leray

marc garrett wrote:
> Hi Florian, Ana & all,
>
> I think that you have brought up something which is definitely
> important, yet at the same time I feel it highlights a difference of

<...>

--
Alexandre Leray
http://www.alexandreleray.com/