Armin Medosch on Sat, 1 May 2010 07:41:57 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Return of DRM

> It's a long way from the time when one had to be just literate - today
> you need to know how not to leave unencrypted footsteps in your daily
> routine, who facebook sells your data to and how will that affect you
> and your town, and where to find quality content bits to keep your
> brain functional.

interestingly, all those things that you list in the paragraph above are
not intellectually beyond the reach of the majority of the people. They
only need to be told about it. I could imagine classes in digital media
literacy containing such things on secondary school level. Lobbying
governments to implement such aspects in curriculae would be a
worthwhile task so that miserabilist assumptions dont come true
best
armin

--
thenextlayer software, art, politics http://www.thenextlayer.org