andare on Mon, 3 May 2010 22:56:47 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> .another internet is possible!_

Hi.

> Replacing one nonsense with the other. Do you really think Facebook
> knows something about you? Are you your facebook "identity"?
>
> Facebook may be able to sell data to advertising companies, maybe
> those companies can improve their campaigns, but those data have
> nothing to do with your reality.

Even though i'm very careful not to put any real private data on my
facebook profile, on nice day Mr.Facepuke sent me the advice to use a
real pic of the real me as a profile photo. Someone whom i met on a
party on the other side of the world decided to tag me.

On facebook there are my real friends, who often, stupidly, put their
real names and living places, which are often also mine. U may think
that if u don't do anything bad the only consequence are some very
relevant ads. But if someone wanna spy on me, they can have we with
one click all the infos which a few years ago would have costed months
of investigation and stalking. I don't care about facebook's ads, but
about state control, police, stuff like that, cause that has much to
do with my reality.