Michael H Goldhaber on Tue, 7 Dec 2010 00:01:02 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> abundance on the Internet

Years ago, I offered a definition of information as "transmissible knowledge." The Internet in principle both increases the kinds of knowledge that are transmissible and makes much more available. But still, not all knowledge is transmissible even now. Wisdom I would define as deeper and more integrative than knowledge; it may be transmissible, but only to those who can be receptive to it, that is already have some seeds of wisdom of their own.

Best,
Michael