Molly Hankwitz on Wed, 5 Jan 2011 21:33:14 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Deleuzian Philosophy of Openleaks (podcast inside)

Now that there are these leaks, what has been leaked is no longer information, is it? (not just asking Pit, asking rhetorically, I guess) Information, is it necessarily only something which can exist as such in a privatized economy or set of relations?
Question is, what can now happen to all this "information" about governments dirty dealings in wars and events they have already lied about and what, for example, can anyone do? when, for example, as Pit points out, it can all be sold and resold. The architecture of mirror sites maybe more important than the information. But what ultimately can even be our "American" public response... And how should we feel about threats to foreign nationals and torture of army privates when made on our behalf? What kind of new privilege will surround the idea of being a global citizen when nations want to prosecute each others netizens?

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:31 AM, Pit Schultz <pit.schultz@gmail.com> wrote:

> If Wikileaks is an event in the Badiou sense, then which kind of
> subjects does it create? Which kind of truth does it reveal? Isn't it
> exactly the mirror cabinet of mass media platonism which creates
> phantoms and ontologic aporia?
 <...>