Keith Hart on Sun, 27 Feb 2011 10:50:31 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Art of the Undercommons

That's a wonderful riff, John. I am speechless. I was in New York last
week giving abstracted lectures on the end of national money. I don't
think Sartre beats Kant, but I do prefer him to Husserl. And even if
he did go further, there may still be some point in reading Kant,
more point than in reading Plato, for example, his only serious rival
and our source for Socrates. Philosophy is idealist or nothing. I too
think that we live in a world that is full of shit, but I am inspired
by the likes of Rousseau to dream of a better one.

Keith

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 2:55 AM, John Young <jya@pipeline.com> wrote:

> Didn't Sartre surpass Kant's ego-driven judgment in Critique of
> Dialectical Reason and in Transcendence of the Ego surpass Husserl's
> blinding conceit of paramountcy?

<...>