Keith Sanborn on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 06:54:28 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> OWC

Simply put, OWC and its homologues are the inversion of what Agamben calls, if memory serves, the permanent State of Exception. In Berkeley, various efforts to disrupt the flow of commodities went under the rubric of No more Business as Usual. This is a related but distinct phenomenon. A non-univocal series of declaration(s) of a State of Exception from the bottom up. An exception to the exception.

Keith Sanborn

On Oct 21, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Moritz Geremus <moritz@randomcreations.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 22:20 -0500, Brian Holmes wrote:
>
>> On 10/18/2011 03:47 PM, Moritz Geremus wrote (concerning the idea
>> that FINAZISM will produce violence):
>>
>>> First: The simplification of branding an enemy based solely on
>>> material wealth, is something I thought left over for populist
>>> right wing-parties (as in "artists swallow up all our tax-money
>>> for left hobbies"), and secondly, the radical Marxist materialism
>>> of submitting to money obsessively while describing the "greed"
>>> of the one's who comparatively have more than themselves as the
>>> opposite position of their own.
 <...>