Nick on Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:53:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Creative Commons is to Free Culture what Shareware is to Free Software

Thanks for this Dmytri, I really enjoyed it.

To me it highlights in particular how negative is Creative Commons'
preference to conflate their licenses under the heading "licensed
under a creative commons license," and refusing to take a stance as
to the implications of license choice, as for example the FSF do.
After all several CC licenses (BY, BY-SA, Zero) are all very useful
to "free culture" people, but the issues of free culture, of seeking
to break down the barriers between 'consumer' and 'producer,' are
barely if at all mentioned.