carl guderian on Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:25:26 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Zombie 2.0 Subjectivity

Hi all,

Speaking of dromogical paradigms, I've been describing to my friends my IT career, which requires collecting certifications and maintaining existing ones, as the Red Queen's Race from Alice Through the Looking-Glass:

"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else — if you run very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."

"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

But I like this analysis better, especially the last bit. And yer modern zombie even has a scene, psychobilly, a revival of rockabilly, punk, horror movie themes and murder ballads old and new.  In the 1980s, Crypt Records released a wonderful string of 8 "nugget" compilations of 1960s one-hit wonders, initially with a horror theme, then later just plain rockin' tunes. But the album coversthemselves are a beautiful tour of the rock and roll id, scenes of partying 1950s and 1960s zombies gleefully torturing, roasting and dismembering then-current pop icons and other features of the Reagan/Thatcher-era landscape.

http://www.cryptrecords.com/60s_punk.htm

Carl