ari on Sun, 8 Jan 2012 01:47:24 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> A Movement Without Demands? --> Charter2.0

This is still work-in-progress but seeing the discussion I thought I'd share. Come, sign, join in the drafting of charter 2.0

www.charter2.org

--> We feel that the current period of crisis and reaction should be met head on with a positive set of demands and principles that can unite progressive activists and thinkers in our society and put forward a realistic vision of an alternative to it. Not all our demands are necessarily easy to agree to, but by signing the charter and agreeing to disseminate and argue for its ideas we hope to innervate a positive political discussion in society to help us collectively decide upon what it is we want and how we are to live. We hope that the final form of the charter will be reducible to a limited number of simply articulated but complexly conceived precepts, should not be altered once people begin to sign up to it, and will hopefully be produced in a physical material form, the size of a business card.