Keith Hart on Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:12:43 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Nathan Schneider: Planet Occupy (Harpers Magazine)

Thanks for posting these two links to Schneider, Patrice. As it happens, I
used them in a talk I gave last week at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en
Sciences Sociales in Paris. I circulated there excerpts from his work, from
Gabriella Coleman's on Anonymous (which she draws on heavily for the second
article) and from a post of mine to nettime not long ago concerning Lenin
and James on revolution (stimulated by exchanges with Brian and Ed among
others).

The human economy in a revolutionary moment: political aspects of the
economic crisis

Edited transcript of an improvised talk for a seminar, ?Social movements
and the solidarity economy?, organized by Jean-Louis Laville and Geoffrey
Pleyers, EHESS, Paris, 2 February 2012.

http://thememorybank.co.uk/2012/02/07/the-human-economy-in-a-revolutionary-moment-political-aspects-of-the-economic-crisis/

My main aim was the reflect on an ongoing anthropological and political
conversation with David Graeber, partly in response to a private exchange
with Felix about his work. This hinges on the (sterile?) contrast between
revolutionary and reformist approaches to economic change and the stories
we attach to them.

Keith

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Patrice Riemens <patrice@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> original to: http://harpers.org/archive/2012/01/hbc-90008434