Dmytri Kleiner on Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:04:00 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> 'Occupy' as a business model: The emerging open-source civilisation

Hey Ben, just quickly, first of all I don't intend to dictate
answers to you questions, my question is economic, how to allow
labour to retain more of the product of it's labour, your question
is administrative, and that is, of course, something that's best
discovered through practise.

In any case, my own thoughts, in the case of the peer production
license/ copyfarleft, is that there could be collectively owned
collection societies that collects on behalf of all its artists, and
does use this money to fund commons-based projects.

However, even if the artists themselves kept all proceeds from
non-free licensing, copyfarleft still allows their work to remain
available for commons-based production by others, unlike the
traditional "non-commercial" licences which it's meant to replace.

As funny side note, I just posted this in another forum:

So, Alan Avans, Chris Cook ... no comments? At least let me know if I've got my X's and Y's right. (I need to make another wonkish friend who has the initials BB so I can say I will consult the ABCs).

So hello Ben Berkinbine!

Best,