xDxD.vs.xDxD on Fri, 1 Jun 2012 16:50:56 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime> Ubiquitous Pompei becomes Ubiquitous Italy on June 3rd and 4th 2012
- To: Nettime <email@example.com>
- Subject: <nettime> Ubiquitous Pompei becomes Ubiquitous Italy on June 3rd and 4th 2012
- From: "xDxD.vs.xDxD" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 14:11:26 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=YVF+sGuv5Dw4hyFs/eC2rNujtIH2/UgACEcu+IlYkhs=; b=HHUpZAAULAdB1/j8/RsvHeWc616/ys2lr3qIVPpfFMrGFku/9yhwpYuGiyNzocAmsb QPTgQiiXAtkalZIL5H5Os88Ulj9aCgn5O16gAkGHX3w7II4d0Hd4VguH09biX7Cu4FwX exShVWbuqf7I8m/shAEIvrCQY0BlvBCUZ9qhe9Krg3yF6jtb7G0FSVMKhU7YESL0Eqq0 QwE4y+IKnKcPZx/vPHxlzIjL0psExonkELEzjGdcyK9n/pcEqPZv0e/mE1EWt8bNfbYy +N3NXgM9omFnD6oSdXXz8cH4d3MFc2jYqvfULN9szq+cE/QITsQ53SmcQNPrJeqkEJ4P 7i7A==
something wonderful has happened:
with the rise of Open Data and Smart Cities / Smart Communities in the international discussion on the (near) future of our cities, we have been granted the possibility to enhance the Ubiquitous Pompei project we developed a few months ago.
High school students of the city of Pompei were given a series of free/libre technological platforms to design their ideal digital city.
Wonderful ideas emerged in the process, aiming at a model of city in which citizens can adopt peer-to-peer methodologies and practices for city governance, coordination, and action on the fundamental issues of their daily lives, including the care for the environment, the creation of new opportunities for sustainable business, new forms of education and knowledge sharing.
Real-time systems, ubiquitous social networks, augmented-reality and location-based services, information visualization, and novel technological solutions dedicated to human relation were all put to good use in the design and implementation of the first prototypal services.
The project received wide support from the city administration, and has been recognized as a best practice from Italy's Digital Agenda.
On June 3rd and 4th, we will join all together in Pompei to start the next phase of the project.
Students will engage the rest of the population in their role of peer-to-peer city designers.
A series of technological tools and physical-space initiatives will enable citizens to take active part in the design, and to promote their vision, desires and wishes for the future of their city.
All contributions will be collected for the next phase of the project, starting in a date yet to be defined around September/October 2012, so that the next phase services will be implemented by the end of the year.
Everyone who is able to join us in Pompei is strongly encouraged to do so.
All the best,
Salvatore + Ubiquitous Pompei
# distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
# <nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
# collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
# more info: http://mx.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l
# archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: email@example.com