Heiko Recktenwald on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:14:19 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> stories of boats4 people

Am 14.07.2012 22:28, schrieb Geert Lovink:

> <...>
>
> Last year, in March 2011, 63 people who had left Tripoli in the attempt
> to reach the Southern shores of Italy, died after drifting for 14 days at
> sea. This incident occurred during the international military
> intervention in Libya and as such in meticulously surveilled waters.

Nothing is not surveilled, sorry. We have to distinguish between people
who have reached the coast of Italy and those who have not. Everybody
who reaches the coast is safe and welcome. I dont have any reasons not
to believe the state of Italy. Mama Roma.

But war is war and not the first time, to put it mildly.

Best, H.