Keith Sanborn on Fri, 20 Jul 2012 03:52:39 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Naomi Wolf: This global financial fraud and its gatekeepers (Gu...

This is the psychology of global capital. It is the psychology of the spectacle. Its not clear the concerns you mention are primary for people in Damascus whose families are being bombed, raped, shot, and mutilated, or for the various "liberation armies" throughout sub-Saharan Africa who are doing the bombing, raping, shooting and mutilating there.

My response was to the previous text, which was eliminated in your reply, which claimed that war was now primarily psychological. I think you missed my point: I agree that war has a psychological component, but without real "credible threat" "terror" means nothing. And that means plenty of examples, as Voltaire said, "pour encourager les autres."

Keith

On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:53 PM, Heiko Recktenwald I<heikorecktenwald@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Shure, but psychology plays a role in those wars as well. The
> psychologty of terror. Of permanent war without end. Interests and
> drones everywhere. See also the psychology of the renaming of the Westbank
>

> Syria is a very good example as well. Are there freedom lovers against a
> bloody dictator or is it just A against B with B being the perfectly
> legal gouvernement? The role of Mrs. Clinton, the role of talking and
> not talking with the other side. The blame game. To win hearts and minds
> at home.
 <...>