Lorenzo Tripodi on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:00:59 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook's perfect spam_laboratory

On Jan 16, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Keith Sanborn <mrzero@panix.com> wrote:

> Good point. The question is: is this a significant difference, or
> mutation from the society of the spectacle noted in the 1967.

hi Keith,

not really, IMMO.

Rather this is the fully accomplishment of the Debordian prophecy,
given in addition the unprecedented pervasiveness of ICT tools &
practices - which among other, has almost vanished the distinction
between public and private space?.

However, coming back to Felix's observation, let's not forget that the
other word for advertisement is publicity, (in italian publicita`, in
French publicite`), literally meaning "going public".

So, in one sense, we could agree on the fact that there is no
difference "between advertisement and virtually all other forms of
speech".

l.