armin on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 05:39:15 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> bitcoin anyone?

Hi

may I politely point aut that equating Austrian economics with libertarianism is
incorrect

> much less 'libertarian/ Austrian economics' than Bitcoin, are already on
> the designers tables.

the school of Austrian economics was not a unified school at all, there was a
diversity of opinions and thoughts. Someone like Rudolf Hilferding who wrote
Finance Capital which inspired Lenin's book Imperialism was also an Austrian
School economist, in that sense that he was building on work, albeit by
criticising it, of Boem Bawerk and Menger

best regards
Armin

> Having now read Jaromil's paper "Bitcoin, the end of the Taboo on Money',
 <...>