richard joly on Mon, 29 Apr 2013 08:32:29 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Data Science of the Facebook World

fyi

Interesting stats.

http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2013/04/data-science-of-the-facebook-world/

More than a million people have now used our Wolfram|Alpha Personal
Analytics for Facebook. And as part of our latest update, in addition to
collecting some anonymized statistics, we launched a Data Donor program
that allows people to contribute detailed data to us for research purposes.

A few weeks ago we decided to start analyzing all this data. And I have to
say that if nothing else it?s been a terrific example of the power of
Mathematica and the Wolfram Language for doing data science. (It?ll also be
good fodder for the Data Science course I?m starting to create.)

Way more at:
http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2013/04/data-science-of-the-facebook-world/