Heiko Recktenwald on Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:16:46 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> NSA-spying-on-Europe outrage somewhat disingenuous

Am 02.07.2013 07:28, schrieb Marko Peljhan:

> Heiko, great that you pointed out to this legal brief which is a
> fantastic, albeit a bit heavy legal read.

Well, it is a decision by the German Federal Constitutional Court and I
think the case shows that it is basically all very trivial. We cannot
paint the world, we have to take it as it is. And it is completely
ridiculous to expect anything in it to change so far. Thats the nature
of secret services, they do what they can do and they do it without
respect for whatever law. In that case the Federal Constitional Court
agreed to what German Secret Service did, but there are many more
foreign services. There is no alternative to use the internet for us. We
are trapped. PGP and other tools dont help. We can only make reading
emails a little bit more difficult. As far as I remember the necessary
time is only a question of RAM prices and hardware is getting cheaper
every day.

Good luck!

H.