Paolo Ruffino on Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:28:07 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> zero views as the new cultural ideal?

May I show you this? It's the 'First-Viewer Television', a project by the
art collective I collaborate with, IOCOSE (http://iocose.org)
It is a playlist, updated every 20 minutes, of 0-views videos from YouTube
http://firstviewer.tv/

The API collects videos with a zero view count, and updates the playlist
every 20 minutes. Whatever you see on the First-Viewer TV, you are the
first viewer of it.
It is part of the NoTube project http://www.iocose.org/works/notube
an ongoing series of works based on YouTube's search engine and archive of
videos.

'Zero views' is the new 'one billion views'.

best,

On 15 July 2013 14:00, John Young <jya@pipeline.com> wrote:

> Excellent initiative. Zero out messages, tweets, likes, public keys and
> key signings, TOR usages, political contributions, references from and
> for, bloated resumes, socket puppetries, nyms, lies, cheats, plagaries,
> well, don't play dumb, whatever mistakes, foolishnesses and vanitiies
> committed before age 45, when far worse idiocy of wisdom is yet to
> congeal.
 <...>

--
paolo ruffino