Molly Hankwitz on Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:41:10 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> More info on Whole Earth, Fred Turner, Bohemian Technocracy, Power to the People

Hello Karen, Mark, others,

I'm still processing mu reading of Fred Turner's book, From Counterculture
to Cyberculture, which I heard him speak  of (with Ian Boal) at the Kadish
Foundation. The talk was about his contribution to this  new George Kaplan
edited, book Power to the People, which is a coffee-table style compendium
of counterculture graphics from the 1960s and early 70s.

Here is the event link with more detail:
http://kadist.org/en/programs/all/1480

I  recorded much of the event,( as did Kadish Foundation) on video -- will
be posting to the net sometime soon. The Kadish's  video may be available
in some form from the Foundation in SF directly. Not sure.

There is some reason to critique the Turner book, but I enjoyed it for the
most part.

Molly

--

molly hankwitz, phd:::artist:::curator:::writer