Rob Myers on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:36:57 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> History of Computer Art, chap. V

On 10/12/13 02:39 PM, Ian Milliss wrote:
> Have to agree completely, it gets very boring seeing histories that are
> only about the US and Europe or so called global histories/exhibitions
> that cover only the US, Europe and a few token Chinese artists.

http://www.wired.com/beyond_the_beyond/2013/12/thomas-drehers-history-of-computer-art/

"It amuses me to see people complain that his history is “too German.”
That’s exactly what’s great about it. I’m staggered by the meticulous
attention to detail in Dreher’s compendium. I’m quite the fan of media
history, but really, ten of me couldn’t write a book like this."

+1