nettime's royal scribe on Tue, 24 Dec 2013 16:00:29 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Full Text of the QUEEN's Pardon of Alan Touring

    ELIZABETH THE SECOND, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Our other Realms and
Territories QUEEN, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, To
all to whom it these Presents shall come,

    Greeting.

    WHEREAS Alan Mathison Turing at Knutsford Quarter Sessions on the
31st day of March 1952 pleaded guilty to and was convicted of divers
counts of Gross Indecency contrary to Section 11 of the Criminal Law
Amendment Act 1885 and on that date sentence was postponed for a period
of twelve months but the said Alan Mathison Turing was placed on
Probation for a period of twelve months to submit for treatment by a
duly qualified medical practitioner at Manchester Royal Infirmary;

    AND WHEREAS the said Alan Mathison Turing died on the 7th day of
June 1954;

    NOW KNOW YE that We, in consideration of circumstances humbly
represented to Us, are Graciously pleased to grant our Grace and Mercy
unto the said Alan Mathison Turing and grant him Our Free Pardon
posthumously in respect of the said convictions.”

    AND to pardon and remit unto him the sentence imposed on him aforesaid;

    And for doing this shall be a sufficient Warrant.

    GIVEN at Our Court at Sandringham on the 24th day of December 2013;
    In the sixty-second Year of Our Reign.

    By Her Majesty’s Command.

Document: http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/997305/turing.pdf