Javier Arbona on Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:03:32 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Californian Reality (from: New Geography)

Kotkin should come with a Surgeon General's warning. Although the class
divisions he describes are real, the standard, age-old Kotkin fare is to
prescribe fossil fuel drilling, labor deregulation, and suburbanization as
equalizers. By the way, Google buses are not being "attacked", as Lovink
put it. In one instance that I know of an individual smashed a window. The
protests against the Google buses, besides, have little to do with the
libertarian Kotkin agenda. I don't know if the suggestion was that there's
a knee-jerk tech "backlash" (the sensationalist media's favored buzzword)
or what.