Frederic Janssens on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:35:18 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Post-digital - Mindful Disconnection: Counterpowering the Panopticon from the Inside (with Howard Rheingold)

I mainly agree.

The realistic take has always been and should always be: Whatever

> technology and/or social process that can be used to strengthen
> the interests of strategic power, will be used to strengthen the
> interests of strategic power.
>
> Is a very apt description of what is the main challenge for me.

Concerning the Panopticon problem, I have seen no mention here of a
position that is the best bet I know of :

that of Sousveillance advocated by David Brin :

http://davidbrin.blogspot.be/search?q=Sousveillance

http://www.davidbrin.com/transparency.html

Has it been discussed and rejected, or never been considered ?

--

Frederic