JRabie on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:29:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Will your insurance company subsidize your quantified

For a health product to work (that is to say create value for
shareholders), the unhealthier one potentially is, the better.

This sort of product is going to generate a sort of permanent electronic
hypochondria, as you go chugging along on your daily jog and you ask your
iWatch to send you on the shortest route to the hospital before your heart
implodes.

There is an unfounded rumor that Apple has patented the term "iCigarette".

Joe.

> On 14/04/14 09:58, Felix Stalder wrote:
>
>> "We continue to feel this product will differentiate itself with
>> existing wearable products primarily from a health perspective with a
>> number of key innovations including noninvasive blood cell count and
>> blood pressure and other more pedestrian features like heart rate,"
>
> ---and of course wearing a wifi/gps device is really good for you.
 <...>