Orsan on Mon, 12 May 2014 15:59:26 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> tensions within the bay area elites

It is very important to understand and critic the political economy of this emerging new, and possibility of the logic it bears for building counter class(lessness) strategies. Flos IoE(E meaning Every progressive-revolutionary agency) political organising can counter the clash of titans by bringing forward real alternatives being there and developed. To apply the idea or mechanism of 'reaching critical mass' to manage to decrease the transaction (meaning organizational, articulational and mobilisations) costs, in order to allow the mass participation in the creation and egalitarian distribution of the 'political change value', as distributed societal power, can bring the change before this clash explode.

Orsan

On 12 mei 2014, at 11:47, "d.garcia" <d.garcia@new-tactical-research.co.uk> wrote:

>> To me, it is somehow super clear that Facebook is evil. Not hard to
>> understand. But Google? Why are tensions rising so high lately around
>> them? Look at the tone of the Cory Doctorow blog post to Boing Boing?
>> Don't get me wrong. But have they really gone down lately? In my
>> humble view they are as evil as were a decade ago... What happened?
>> Have we changed?
>
> Which company is currently in the spotlight and today's designated Dr.
> Evil is less important than the legitimate hostility and generalised
> anger at the winner takes all economy of info capitalism that these
> companies collectively represent. Its a political economy which has
> even departed from Adam Smith, as the creation of monopolies is
> increasingly seen as a necessary condition for survival in a world
> where transaction costs are near zero. In fact the imposition of
> 'temporary' monopolies was even proposed by dreadful Larry Summers as
> a last ditch policy to save capitalism in 2001 after the first dotcom
> bubble burst.  In the event he needn't have bothered it happened
> anyway.
<...>