Krystian Woznicki on Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:30:35 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> SLOW POLITICS | Public Talks on Nov. 15

Hi nettimers,

below the program for our third day of the *Slow Politics* conference.
Join us at Supermarkt in Berlin or follow us online: we
are streaming it live here: www.berlinergazette.de/slow-politics

----------

"Slow Politics" | Public Talks |  November 15 from 1:30 p.m.
Supermarkt | Brunnenstr. 64 | Berlin
Info: www.berlinergazette.de/slow-politics
Admission is free

Slow Politics investigates perspectives for a precarious generation that
is deeply concerned about its rights, liberties and privileges: How can
a communal feeling arise in Europe if national self-interests prevail?
How can we practice transparency if secret services are booming beyond
public control? How can our mobile societies restore inner peace if
migrants are always "the others"? How can we save the environment if
consumerism and economics remain rampant? ââWhat happens to free access
to culture and knowledge if public institutions continue crumbling? On
its third day of Public Talks "Slow Politics" deals with these future
concerns in five panels and explores the common denominator linking all
these issues.  The Public Talks require no registration. Admission is
free. Here the entire program:

01:30 p.m. | Keynote : What is "Slow Politics"?
Krystian Woznicki (berlinergazette.de)

02:00 p.m. | The Big We: Solidarity In The Euro-Crisis
Marina Sitrin (City University of New York)
Prof. Felix Stalder (Zurcher Hochschule der KÃnste)
Moderation: Zlata Veselinovic (Zagreb)

03:15 p.m. | Publics In Peril: Snowden Files For All?
Ben Kaden (libreas.eu)
Geert Lovink (Institute of Network Cultures)
Moderation: Janet Merkel (Berlin)

04:15 p.m. | We Are All Migrants: Stories From The Dark Side Of Data
Claudia NÃÃez (MigraHack.com)
Sara Moreira (Generation E)
Moderation: Verena Dauerer (Berlin)

05:15 p.m. Coffee break

05:45 p.m. | Bitcoin Meets Blue Marble: Sharing The Planet?
Luise Neumann-Cosel (buerger-energie-berlin.de)
Paula Bialski (Leuphana University)
Moderation: Ela Kagel (Berlin)

06:45 p.m. | After NSA-Gate: Re-Designing Democracy
Annika Richterich (Maastricht University)
Prof. Max Haiven (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design)
Moderation: Anna Sauerbrey (Berlin)

07:45 p.m. Goodbye drinks

-----

Best,

Krystian

*WHAT EUROPE NEEDS IN THE AGE OF CRISIS*
SLOW POLITICS | International Conference | November 13-15