Orsan on Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:42:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: Global and Networked Solidarity with the

> Dutch authorities have always preffered direct income support, some or
> all of which, may not show up as 'social expenditures' the way OECD
> tabulates them.

I am not bearing an expert knowledge too on welfare state, yet as a
senior citizen recieving 'welfare support' for some time, I agree that
this Dutch model of adopting money and 'inkom' as disciplinary tool (
exercising 'negative' welfare policy ) had been very effective and more
direct, both as a carrot and stick; in terms of creating consent through
addiction and fear. guess the engineers of this model, thought Calvinism
driven behavioral strategy would work best in a historically trade
driven state/society complex.

I just did return from turkey and finally paying a visit at the occupy
maagdenhuis, great to feel a liberated public space in amsterdam this
central after the de bears plain in 2011.. Since that engineering seems
doesn't work here at the moment :) planning hold an opening lecture of
GNLU in cooperation with de Nieuwe Universiteit, already a spreading
network of new universities in the Netherlands. Hope it would go beyond
Dutch and European borders and become a global happening.

Orsan