mp on Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:17:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Hacked Team

On 20/07/15 11:02, Jaromil wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jul 2015, morlockelloi@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> The shift I mentioned is the shift from being managed/herded by a
>> relatively large number of humans, to being managed/herded by a
>> large number of machines controlled by a small number of humans, and
>> the power pyramid becoming a very steep needle.
>
> I see. Very good point.
>
>> How do you classify builders of these power-multiplication machines?
>
> Trans-humanists?

That's a nice definition of transhumanism. The singularity they're
looking for is less of an elevation of machine "intelligence" to the
human level, and more of a simplification (i.e. reduction, delimitation)
of human intelligence as a consequence of getting souped up in the
machine in the process of "making it smarter" (i.e. dumbing ourselves down).

Stuck in a memory theatre.