Alessandro Ludovico on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 00:43:26 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Robert Adrian, 1935 - 2015

Me and Tommaso Tozzi invited him for a conference in Carrara (Italy) in 2005, and he accepted. We offered him to reimburse a flight, but he said that a night train from/to Vienna was ok, and that's how he travelled. Once arrived he and other guests wanted to see the marble quarries, so they went there with public transport, but for a miscommunication with local people they missed the last bus, so they came back to hotel hitchhiking!
Beautiful conversations on the hotel terrace at sunset about pioneering art and technology efforts, and then, the day after, everybody was just entranced during his impressive lecture.

On 08 Sep 2015, at 20:49, Armin Medosch <armin@EASYNET.CO.UK> wrote:

>   dear nettimers,
>   it is my unfortunate duty to report that the Canadian Austrian artist
>   Robert Adrian passed away yesterday. It all happened quickly. We
>   celebrated his 80th birthday in February. Bob was diagnosed with cancer
>   in June, it then went more quickly than those close to him had
>   anticipated ...?
 <...>

-
Neural magazine - http://neural.it/