Bob Haugen on Sun, 8 Nov 2015 16:06:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> [NetworkedLabour] NEW FROM VERSO: INVENTING THE FUTURE BY NICK

Dear Orsan,

I'll comment on your message below in reverse order, starting with the end,

     > That would be great to see people from these lists to inter-connect the
     discussions and practical work being kicked off.

Yes please!  I'll write something here soon trying to connect these
discussions with the work we are doing, if anybody is interested.

Re Wark: I am (maybe similarly) conflicted.

On the one hand, he is interesting to read, and I always learn something,
especially from his voluminous linkage.

On the other hand, he is frustrating. Seems always trying to impress me
with how ~smart~ he is. And he always seems to playing in the commodity
competition contest of the neo-marxist theoreticians.  He's not the only
one, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be a contest.

But I always get the feeling he is writing for them, not for me.

To get echo one of Peter's points, that doesn't change the world. Just adds
to the spectacle.

I could always be wrong, or unfair. Orsan, what happened when you tried to
contact him? No response?

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:17 AM, Orsan <orsan1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Below is McKenzie Wark's review of the recent book of Srnicek and
> Williams; Inventing Future.
 <...>