mp on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:14:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Worldwide Travel Alert: Go back to sleep America

As Bill Hicks is rolling with laughter in his grave, we turn to Foreign
Policy for the sane [sic] view: "...the threat is already inside":

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/20/the-threat-is-already-inside-uncomfortable-truths-terrorism-isis/

"Right-wing extremists in the United States still kill more people than
jihadis. The 2011 attack in Norway ??? which left 77 people dead ??? was
carried out by a single far-right terrorist, Anders Behring Breivik.
Since 2006, more than half of all deaths in terror attacks in the west
have been caused by non-Islamist ???lone wolf??? attackers, most motivated
by right wing extremism or separatist sentiments. "

On 24/11/15 10:56, Felix Stalder wrote:

> [What a docuement of social psychology. The US government warns its
> citizens about travelling, well, anywhere outside its borders. While
> this is not the first time such a general, unspecific warning has
> been issued, together with generalized fear mongering and sharply
> rising anti-immigrant sentiment on both sides of the Atlantic it seems
> particularly ominous today. Felix]
 <...>