Florian Cramer on Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:29:39 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Ten Theses on the Panama Papers

   On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Felix Stalder <felix@openflows.com> wrote:

   > > Some crucial questions remain unanswered: Why is there no notable US
   > > American citizen among the "accused"?
   >
   > But not for this reason. Much more important, as Brian pointed out,
   > is at the US themselves have become the largest tax haven, globally.

   Exactly. But then we have to ask about the possible political agenda
   behind the Panama Papers, particularly if you consider the funders of
   The Center for Public Integrity that's behind 'The International
   Consortium of Investigative Journalists' (ICIJ). They not only include
   Soros, but also the Ford Foundation, W.K. Kellogg Foundation,
   Rockefeller Family Fund, Stanley Foundation and McArthur Fund, to name
   only a few

   (https://www.publicintegrity.org/about/our-work/supporters).Â

   The Cold War has taught us to be suspicious about NGO activity and
   possible governmental agendas behind them.Â
   -F