Hoofd, I.M. (Ingrid) on Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:39:52 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> On Accelerationism (Fred Turner)

"... thinkers such as Baudrillard, Lyotard, and Deleuze and Guattari
turned their frustration into celebration. They not only accepted
their inability to escape capitalism; they revelled in it."

That's complete nonsense. Rather, some of their work has been
(mis)interpreted as celebratory by some misguided souls (I will not
mention any names here).

It is a pity that Turner's article sets itself up in such an
adversarial manner (with many straw-men indeed - seems he's read
some of the authors/texts only superficially), because it actually
makes many good points. Baudrillard would have pointed out that such
adversarial superficiality is in fact typical of the current stage of
capitalism...

Cheers, Ingrid.