Andreas Broeckmann on Sun, 16 Oct 2016 07:31:56 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> <nettime-ann> Hackaton exploring the digital landscape

Is it perhaps part of the political problem of our time

... that some people actually believe that it is possible to change and
repair social and political structures that have evolved over decades,
within just a brief period of time, -- if only the collaborating
"developers, hackers, artists, designers, psychologists, marketeers"
have the right ideas and enough Club Mate to, for instance, "Redesign
the Netherlands in 48 hours"?

... and that the loud-mouthed can then publically demand such changes,
even against all democratic structures and their, at times, healthy
latency, and against political reason...

... and that, as can be observed for instance in Hungary and Poland, a
whole country and its carefully constructed post-dictatorship structures
can actually be "redesigned", if not in 48 hours, but then in 48 months.
(And the "designers" here are not the happy precariate, but right-wing
populists and thugs with their own "psychologists and marketeers".)

ruminating on a saturday morning,
-a

ps: are the new designers of submission, Orban, Kaczyński, and their
ilk, accelerationists?