Morlock Elloi on Wed, 9 Nov 2016 18:11:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> PTS post trump syndrome - the suicide of the west

Walter Hill, the director of Streets of Fire, mentioned in an interview that he wanted to use every cliche known to man, and create a celebration of cliches.

This seems to be the case with the anti-orange crowd, that lived in the cliche world of identity politics divorced from the reality, and now lives in the equally virtual cliche resentment (with notable exception to Godwin rule of substituting "Hitler" with "fascism").

The stated loss to imagine the future looks like the truly most optimistic sign so far.

It's unlikely that the new guard won't sink in the cliche world of their own, but at least we'll have few days or (can we hope?) weeks of confused transition between the two, where patient observers might catch a fleeting glimpse of something different. Hakim Bey, anyone?