Morlock Elloi on Sun, 29 Jan 2017 00:31:48 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Digital leftism in a globalised world?

I wish.

The 'left' discourse has been divorced from the reality for almost a decade, since the mixed race president got into the office. This cognitive dissonance was required to imagine the progress.

Everything became a meme, a notion, an idea, easy to contain, direct and bend. Instead of propaganda being manufactured by the state, the whole swaths of population willingly took part in it. Many of the loud ones got paid.

It's hard to wean off that. Just look at the panic when the reality refused to follow the doctored polls. The real shock, and the end to the cargo cult politics will come when the new masters start laying off the obsolete propaganda machine.

Twitter is cheaper.