awake on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 22:42:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> In Praise of Cash

The mining concentration in China is temporary and mainly caused by two
facts:

1) there were new generations of mining hardware coming up so fast that
   it was not economically viable to ship (and install) them overseas.
   They were simply ageing too fast. However, we are at the end of this
   curve imho.
2) Cheap electricity because of underused power plants.

None of these will prevail while the incentive to mine bitcoins certainly
will.

o/
rad0