Morlock Elloi on Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:46:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Why I won't support the March for Science

Salaried scientists, as any other salaried group, are mostly functional
cowards. As it was mentioned in a recent thread, there is a substantial
difference between "networks of practice" and "communities of practice".

It sounds silly, but the time has come when we need Kickstarter-based
fundamental science: mathematics, physics, molecular biology. That seems
the only way to resurrect the moribund field (kept from rigor mortis by
being strapped to the radiator like in Not the Nine O'clock News sketch)
from the clutches of academia and politics.