Vesna Manojlovic on Fri, 15 Sep 2017 19:07:08 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Copenhagen Letter

quick UnCivilized reply:

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017, nettime's avid pamphleteer wrote:

To everyone who shapes technology today

http://copenhagenletter.org/

We live in a world where technology is consuming society, ethics, and
our core existence.

.. by way of killing the planet: living systems (rivers, forests), animal & plant species, not as useful to "our existance", but as them-selves.

"bitcoin = Death Processors" https://medium.com/ill-ixi-lli/-da9326e97d1f

"Against His-Story, Against Leviathan", Fredy Perlman http://noblesavagery.blogspot.nl/2007/03/fredy-perlmans-against-his-story.html

"The Myth of Human Supremacy", Derrick Jense
http://www.derrickjensen.org/myth-of-human-supremacy/

It is time to take responsibility for the world we are creating. Time to
put humans before business.

Why "humans"? That's so anthropocentric!

Squirrels too! https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Hackers_tribes#Consider_the_Squirrels.21

"Donna Haraway: Tentacular Thinking: Anthropocene, Capitalocene, Chthulucene" http://www.e-flux.com/journal/tentacular-thinking-anthropocene-capitalocene-chthulucene/

https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Hackers_tribes#Against_Anthropocentrism

Time to replace the empty rhetoric of
“building a better world” with a commitment to real action. It is time
to organize, and to hold each other accountable.

How? Read "To Our Friends", by The Incisible Committee

Plus, there is mention of the leading ideology that has lead to this step in the techological development: capitalism / neoliberalism:

https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Hackers_tribes#Internet_and_Capitalism

The rest of the letter is empty rhetoric...

Vesna

--
community, cooperation, commons, squirrels // http://becha.home.xs4all.nl
nature, anarchy, utopia, un-anthropocene // https://www.unciv.nl // @Ms_Multicolor