Heiko Recktenwald on Sat, 7 Oct 2017 12:02:21 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Catalonia and mainstream opinion

Am 07/10/17 um 11:22 schrieb info@conservas.tk:
> In first place the most iconic moment for democracy is voting and the
> media don't cover that well. That's (in my view) because we are not in
> democracies anymore since long time ago.

Sorry, there is no democracy outside of the constitution of Spain.
Democracy is not do what you like -- however rotten Spain may be. If you
dont like this go to Madrid. Nationbuilding has something to do with
power as in the Kosovo. Catalonia has no NATO at its side. Whatever they
declare, it is nothing, it is not the birth of a new law. And the
excessiv policing during the vote was at least better than Spanish tanks
on the streets of Barcelona as a reminder.

Best, H.