Morlock Elloi on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 19:31:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Never Mind the Bitcoin?

Thanks, I just figured out the name for my new cryptocurrency:

Modern Coin
(MC, ModCo, m-coin, ...)

Just after 'shipping' I read a very good article about Zygmunt Bauman in
the French monthly 'La Decroissance' (highly recommended!), and
realised, of course, Bitcoin is all about 'liquid modernity'. Which may
also explain why the hype lasts so long and flies so high. And may be
last forever, forever being taken as till the next switch, which should
not be long coming.