Morlock Elloi on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 20:02:56 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> social media critique: next steps?

If this is the only solution, we are in trouble.

1. The current (and foreseeable) political climate will not have any monopoly-breaking anti-trust mechanisms applied, period. This is the 20th century thinking, a non-starter. The opposite actually happens.

2. Curated vs. censored problem was never solved, and there is no sign of emergence of a new theory or a model that can solve it. What I do is curating, what you do is censorship, and the number of members in 'I' and 'you' doesn't make any difference.

It is as possible to fix Facebook as it was possible to fix slavery.