Station Rose on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:28:41 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> John Perry Barlow R.I.P.

We met John Perry Barlow 1st time at Cyberthon festival in San Francisco in 1990- where he talked & we performed.

we stayed in touch via The Well since then, where we both had an account. The Well was our first online community -
great to meet in realtime - with words.

Next time we met was in Los Angeles, at a computer conference in Beverly Hilton, if I remember right, it must have been 1992/93.
At that time we stayed at Timothy Leary´s home, and he joined the conference, too.

We were all excited about what the digital revolution would bring, how we can contribute together ...

he was a man of words - great to hear him talk.
we were performing artists - using sound & images ...to communicate.

It was not about Californian ideology, it was about realizing that a new time for mankind has started -
and only a few have been part of the 1st wave,

we miss you John Perry Barlow !

STATION ROSE/ Elisa Rose

stationrose.com