Ian Alan Paul on Mon, 29 Oct 2018 15:19:23 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> (no subject)

Well said Brian!

To further distill the point: Marx wrote about the specific antagonisms of a particular historical period defined by processes of industrialization, and to romanticize the analysis of a past/outdated Marx as being universal without being attentive to the distinct material/historical forces that define the present is perhaps the most anti-Marxist position you could take.

~i