Yosem Companys on Fri, 2 Nov 2018 09:03:27 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Tech for good or evil: Pls help me collect readings, bibliographies, & syllabi

Hi All,

Could you help me collect any and all info that may be available on the use of technology for good and evil?

I'm looking for readings, bibliographies, syllabi, media articles, and any other resources you may know of.

Below is a list of topics that I have mapped so far. If I'm missing any or you believe there's a better way to organizing them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Yosem
  • Accountability, Corruption, Openness, and Transparency (e.g., Open Data, Freedom of Information - FOI)
  • Activism, Protests, and Movements (e.g., Occupy, Anonymous, Hacktivism)
  • Agriculture, Farming, and Food Security (e.g., eAgri, Fishing, Mariculture, Aquaponics, Aquaculture)
  • Censorship, Repression, and Freedom (e.g., Freedom of _expression_ - FoE, Free Speech, NetFreedom, Right to Information - RTI)
  • Conflict, Disasters, and Resilience (e.g., Crisis Mapping, Robotics, Cyber Attacks/Defense, Cyber War, Harassment, Hate Crimes)
  • Construction, Housing, and Real Estate (e.g., Smart Homes, Internet of Things)
  • Democracy, Politics, Elections, and Voting (e.g., Netroots, Tea Party, eVoting)
  • Development (e.g., Information and Communication Technologies for Development - ICT4D, Tech for Development - Tech4Dev, Global Development - GlobalDev)
  • Economics (e.g., Participatory Economy, Peer-to-Peer Economy, Commons, Unemployment, Job Creation/Destruction, Consumer Rights)
  • Education (e.g., Information and Communication Technologies for Education - ICT4E, Open Education, eLearning, MOOCs)
  • Ethics (e.g., how the design and use values of technology determine whether they're used for good or evil)
  • Energy and Power (e.g., Microgrids)
  • Entrepreneurship (e.g., Social Entrepreneurship - socent, Social Innovation)
  • Environment (e.g., Brownfields, Landfills, Superfund Sites, Climate Change, and Land, Water, and Air Preservation)
  • Finance (e.g., Microfinance, FinTech, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Participatory Budgeting, Crowdfunding)
  • Governance (e.g., eGovernance - eGov, Open Governance - OpenGov, Governance 2.0 - gov20, Internet Governance Forum, Civic Tech)
  • Health (e.g., eHealth, mHealth, Telemedicine)
  • Human rights
  • Inequality & Bias (e.g., Digital Divide, Cost of Living, Discrimination, Harassment)
  • Manufacturing (e.g., Additive Technologies, 3D Printing, Do-It-Yourself - DIY, Robotics, Open Innovation)
  • Media (e.g., Journalism, Social Media)
  • Organizing and Organizations (e.g., Nonprofits, Community-Based Organizations, Cooperatives, Labor Unions)
  • Physical Spaces and Locations (e.g., Libraries, Coworking Spaces, Makerspaces, Hackerspaces, Fab Labs, Tool Sharing Libraries, Smart Cities, Mapping)
  • Policy and Law (e.g., Policy Innovations, Legal Innovations)
  • Privacy (e.g., Rules, Regulations, Laws, Frameworks)
  • Security, Physical or Cyber (e.g., Cybersecurity, Internet of Things, Sexual Harassment and/or Violence, Security by Design)
  • Social Science (e.g., Impact of Technology on Society)
  • Transportation and Supply Chain on Land, Water, and Air (e.g., Hyperloop, Autonomous Vehicles, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Drones, Smart Roads)
  • Volunteering (e.g., Crowdsourcing, Participatory Mapping)
  • Water Security (e.g., Watersheds, Water Purification)