Ryan Griffis on Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:07:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Was cultural Marxism the leading force behind the new world order

Ayn Rand devotees arguing that “Cultural Marxists” have a skewed view of the world… LOL
If The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) wasn’t part of a very real and influential network of Koch-funded think tanks, they would almost be funny.
So would Meuller's book (*of course* he’s a German economist based in Brazil!), titled "Beyond the State and Politics. Capitalism for the New Millennium” (hey, it’s FREE--as in beer--as a Kindle unlimited book!). In the promotional copy: "When the functions of government are privatized, the financial burden of taxes and contributions falls from the shoulders of the population.”
I guess the invisible hand of the market is better with a gun.
Ah, that’s why they love the acronym FEE so much!

Octavia Butler imagined this world "without a state” too. Wonder why her vision of such a world doesn't sound like theirs?
https://fee.org/about/board-of-trustees

Ryan

Message: 1